One of the nation’s oldest family-owned and continuously-operated farms, Arrowhead Farm was established in 1683 along the Merrimack River in Newburyport. Originally known as the Moulton Farm, the property was renamed in the 1890s as Arrowhead Farm. The farm is currently under the operation of the eleventh, twelfth, and thirteenth generation.
The property consists of 28.04+ acres with a conservation restriction in place.
A 1988 custom-built contemporary residence is sited on approximately .3+ acres of unrestricted, centrally-located land offering sweeping views of the surrounding farm and mature woodland borders.
The residence has three bedrooms, two baths and an attached, two-car garage.
The house was designed with a separate entrance for a farm office and facilities.
Also included is a two-story, wood-frame barn, nine greenhouses and livestock fencing on the perimeter with cross fencing for rotational grazing and cultivation.
The property directly abuts over 480 acres of conservation land with direct hiking and bridle trail access to Maudslay State Park and the shoreline of the Merrimack River.
The farm’s current and historic focus is the production of the finest quality retail farm and garden products possible without the use of any chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or livestock feed additives.
The CSA Program at Arrowhead Farm is has been an active part of the farm since 2008.
The Farm was designated a National Bicentennial Farm by an Act of Congress in 1988 as part of the 200th Anniversary Celebration of the Ratification of the U.S. Constitution.
The Farm operates in cooperation and compliance with the U.S.D.A., the American Tree Farm System, and the Federal Natural Resource Conservation Service